Here’s the resume type stuff.
Jes Schroeder is a 3D Artist, Illustrator, and Concept Artist living in the Midwest. Too far from anything interesting and not close enough to many forms of public transportation at an early age, they started drawing and haven’t really stopped since.
Jes graduated from Bradley University in 2011 with a BAS in Interactive Media, focusing on Visual Effects and Animation. Many of their projects during that time frame were based around mobile gaming, from initial rough concepting/writing to taking the lead in management.
In the years since, many projects have been focused on MOGAI (Marginalized Orientations, Genders And Intersex) representation.
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Manga Studio 5, Blender, Autodesk Maya, Traditional Art, 3D modeling, 3D renders, Illustration
Comic Art, 3D design, Character Design
Bachelor’s of Science in Interactive Media
Peoria, IL · August 2008 – May 2011
I studied concept art and animation primarily in a jack-of-all-trades degree program. By the time I graduated the school had started to refocus their specializations and extra opportunities (going to GDC) from what myself and previous students had done.
- Art Tutor
- Princeton Fine Arts Academy
- Princeton, IL · October 2012 – Present
- I work one on one with students interested in learning about comic and concept art.
- Freelance Illustration and Graphic Design
- Self Employed
- East Peoria, IL · May 2011 – Present
- I draw logos, comics, and general designs for clients. Worked on several pro-bono concept designs, and started my comic through this.
- Bradley University Tech Crew
- Peoria, IL · August 2008 – May 2011
- Work Study – I started out as a audio and lighting technician, then promoted to scheduling manager when the previous managers graduated.